08 June 2011

For posterity...

Tee here, reporting back about our most current adventures in Italy. Once we have some more time I will get a more extensive post up about the past week. We are currently at the "Haerr's Hotspot Cafe" in Spoleto. We took a trip into the town here after taking care of all of our morning farm duties... milking goats, feeding chickens, cleaning their water, collecting eggs, feeding the donkey, goats, goose, sheep, watering plants, harvesting berries and day lilies (Nick will tell more about this later) and... I know I'm leaving something out. Anyways, thank you Haerr's for your hospitality (and cantucci)!

Good news... I'm surviving the farm life. Bad news... I don't want to leave! My bug tolerance is............ still low, but I think it's getting better! (Nick would disagree.) However, I have fallen in love with the animals... especially the goats and donkey. It's a beautiful farm with gorgeous view of the valley. I am enjoying the fresh eggs, berries, and lettuce. Here are some photos of our time on the farm so far.... enjoy!

Welcome to Localita il Piano!


Insanely large and frightening ants...


huge onions

loving farm life
filtering the fresh goat's milk

freshly picked berries for breakfast!

feeding the horses alfalfa 

carruba and her momma

my personal favorite- gelso

bananagrams!


Sheep have long tails?!!



Look Mom and Dad! I am milking a goat! (Lola... the nicest one.)


Farm fresh dinner with some local (Spoleto) white wine

4 comments:

  1. While I enjoy hearing about your adventures, first hand, it is really fun to see the photos and read the blog, at my leisure. You are having such an amazing sojourn. What an unforgettable opportunity. So glad to be sharing it with you, in our small way. Looking forward to hosting you on your last night in Umbria... for reals this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee! Great pictures. Ya, Tee, that ant looks really killer in the picture! LOL! I also love that donkey from the pictures. So glad you had the opportunity to go be farmers together. Have lost my ability to comment thru Google.... It's Nick's mom denise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It all looks like fun and a lot of work. Looking forward to more updates.

    Jim (Hanten) (Nick's father.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. I love that donkey too. I want one. Sounds like an amazing trip. You sure you are coming home????

    ReplyDelete